Monday that, while he couldn’t talk about specif

Mai Mult
acum 4 ani 6 luni #25970 de elaine95
NFL teams are looking for offensive coaches Shareef Miller Jersey , and Monday’s decision by the Packers to hire Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur underscores it.With the pendulum squarely pointed in the direction of the Os not the Xs (solid defensive performances from wild-card weekend notwithstanding), teams have placed great importance on having in place a staff of offensive coaches who can develop quarterbacks and hone playbooks and strategies and concepts and otherwise get the most out of the collection of 11 players charged with moving the ball and scoring the points.The fact that the Titans, one year after hiring a defensive coach, find themselves looking for a new offensive coordinator underscores the problem that teams will face when hiring defensive coaches. If your offensive coordinator has any degree of success (and, frankly, the Titans didn’t have much last year, finishing 25th in total yards and 29th in passing yards), he’ll be gone and your defensive head coach will be stuck looking for a replacement.Throw in offseason workout rules that prevent the coaches from meeting with the players, and a team with a new offensive coordinator (especially if it hires someone from outside the building) has a built-in disadvantage heading into the next year.That’s where the Titans currently stand. If coach Mike Vrabel promotes someone from his current staff Zach Brown Jersey , it will be easier to move forward. If he hires someone new, it will become a challenge to get everyone up to speed, if the new coordinator will be doing things differently. It’s a reality of the league’s limitations on offseason contact with players, and it hurts any team with a returning head coach and not a returning offensive coordinator.Vrabel is good enough at his job to find someone capable, and to move forward in a positive fashion. As Peter King explained on Tuesday’s , good coaches have a constant “ready” list of potential replacements for every member of his staff, and Vrabel surely was aware that LaFleur would be gone after only a year. (Actually, LaFleur was Vrabel’s first fallback option after his top choice, Ryan Day Devin Bush Jersey , opted to stay at Ohio State in 2018.)All that said, continuity remains much better than change. And as coaching staffs with defensive coaches lose their offensive coordinators, the defensive coaches will be at even greater risk of eventually being replaced by an offensive coach who won’t have that same problem. TEMPE, Ariz. — Arizona Cardinals coach Steve Wilks had a blunt answer when asked if offensive coordinator Mike McCoy’s job is in jeopardy.“I would say all our jobs are in jeopardy,” Wilks said, “including mine if we don’t win.”Such is the mood of the first-year coach and his staff after the team’s 27-17 loss at Minnesota dropped the Cardinals to 1-5 for the season.Now Arizona faces a quick turnaround to host the Denver Broncos, another struggling team at 2-4, on Thursday night.As has been the case all season, the problems for the Cardinals on Sunday were a sluggish offense and a defense unable to stop the run.Arizona managed 269 yards against the Vikings and remains last in the NFL in offense at 220.5 yards per game.The Cardinals offense came to life a bit in the fourth quarter as rookie quarterback Josh Rosen operated in an up-tempo game.“It was very effective for us Diontae Johnson Jersey ,” Wilks said. “It’s something that we’ve definitely got to consider. It’s part of his comfort zone based off of college. We’ve got to do everything we can right now to get this offense going in the right direction.”Rosen said the late-game success had something to do with Minnesota’s defense.“It’s not necessarily that I like it or don’t like it, it was just successful the little bit we did it,” Rosen said. “I think the Vikings had a comfortable lead as well so they kind of took their foot off the gas a little bit and kind of let us get some underneath stuff. I think it’s definitely something we can do or continue, but also you can’t look too far into it, consider the situation in the game.”Rosen had the best statistical game of his three starts, completing 21 of 31 passes for 208 yards with one interception. He acknowledged that he bears a big responsibility for the offense but as a rookie must realize his status with the coaching staff.“You’ve got to earn respect. I think I’m in the process of doing that,” Rosen said, “but I think we’ve got some great coaches and they’re asking for feedback and I’m willing to give them that feedback but you’ve also kind of know your place as a rookie. I’m sort of finding the happy medium between taking as much control as you sort of deserve, but I’ll never shy away.”Another familiar problem was getting David Johnson involved. The running back has yet to have a breakout game and has acknowledged several mental lapses as he tries to grasp the new offense.Wilks said the problems in getting Johnson involved are many.“We need to do a much better job up front as far as blocking Justin Layne Jersey , executing our assignments,” he said. “We need to move him around more, try to find ways to get him out in space, different things to try to open it up.”The Cardinals’ problems up front have been worsened by injury. Right guard Justin Pugh has a hand injury and Mike Iupati left Sunday’s game with an injured back.Wilks said he’s awaiting results of an MRI on Pugh’s hand.“It could be broke, it could be sprained,” Wilks said. “We don’t know.”With his left hand in a cast, Pugh said later Monday that, while he couldn’t talk about specifics of the injury, he intended to try to play Thursday night.Wilks Benny Snell Jr. Jersey , a defensive coach by background, said he’s “definitely taken more attention to the offense and making sure we’re doing the things we need to execute.”But there are issues on defense as well. Arizona allowed 195 yards rushing against the Vikings.“It’s one or two guys not using their hands, getting out of their gaps, which is creating explosive plays,” Wilks said. “Guys need to continue to work and execute their assignments.”That’s been a season-long lament in Arizona.

Vă rugăm Autentificare să participaţi la discuţie.

Timp creare pagină: 0.029 secunde
Motorizat de Forum Kunena