The Rockies head to San Diego to try to create their second

Mai Mult
acum 4 ani 10 luni #14099 de zhangzk
WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Scaling the RocksPebble ReportRockpileRockies Game ThreadsRockies Fan ExperienceRockies Game ThreadsColorado Rockies game no. 17 thread: Antonio Senzatea at Joey LucchesiNew www.chicagocubsteamshop.com/authentic-david-ross-jersey ,199commentsThe Rockies head to San Diego to try to create their second winning streak of the season on Jackie Robinson Day Colorado Rockies game no. 17 thread: Antonio Senzatea at Joey LucchesiFresh off German M谩rquez’s complete game shutout and the first one-hitter in team history, the Rockies will try to keep the winning going as they head to San Diego to visit the (checks notes) first place Padres.The Padres are 11-6 on the young season due in large part to the performance of their largely unproven rotation. That’s not intended to be a knock; coming into the season their starting five had combined for 360 career innings pitched but currently hold a combined 3.18 ERA through 79 1鈦? innings. The “veteran” is Matt Strahm, who is the only rotation member who was in the league before 2018, and he spent most of that as a reliever (93 of his 118 pre-2019 innings came in relief). Tuesday’s starter is Joey Lucchesi, the presumptive ace of the staff. After allowing zero runs in his first two starts, he gave up seven in four innings to the Giants on April 9. The Rockies will call upon Antonio Senzatela to take the rotation slot of the injured Tyler Anderson, who was placed on the 10-day injured list after getting roughed up by the Dodgers at the Rockies home opener. Senzatela opened Spring Training in competition for the fifth starter job but instead opened the season on the disabled list and will be making his 2019 debut.To make room for Senzatela on the roster, Chris Iannetta was placed on the Injured List. Also, Yonathan Daza and Yency Almonte were optioned down to Triple-ABQ and Noel Cuevas, fresh off a very productive week Dustin Pedroia Jersey , was called up along with Drew Butera. All three of the new rosterees are in the starting lineup for tonight’s game.Start time: 8:10 pm MTLocation: Petco Park, San Diego, CATV: AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain, MLB.tvRadio: KOA 850 AM/94.1 FM; KNRV 1150 (Spanish)Lineups: CHICAGO (AP) — First, Brad Brach escaped a tough situation. Then Brandon Kintzler, Randy Rosario and Pedro Strop finished the job.Chicago’s beleaguered bullpen stepped up after Jon Lester departed with left hamstring tightness, leading the Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 10-0 in their home opener on Monday.“That will build their confidence. They need that,” manager Joe Maddon said. “The group needs that. They were all really good.”Chicago’s bullpen had an 8.37 ERA on an opening 2-7 trip, amplifying concerns about pitching depth with relievers Brandon Morrow, Xavier Cedeño and Tony Barnette sidelined by injuries. But the bullpen threw four scoreless innings Sunday at Milwaukee Babe Ruth Jersey , and the form carried over into the matchup with the Pirates.Brach (1-0) came in after Lester was removed with two on and no outs in the third. He got Starling Marté to bounce into a double play, then struck out Francisco Cervelli.Brach worked the fourth, and Kintzler and Rosario each pitched two innings. Strop closed it out on a picturesque day at Wrigley Field.“It’s just one of those things where kind of the good pitching can be contagious but at the same time the bad pitching can be contagious,” Brach said. “I think now we’re ready to get on a little bit of a roll and hopefully seven innings can go a long way to the next game.”Lester got hurt when he scored from second on Ben Zobrist’s two-run single in Chicago’s six-run second. The veteran left-hander is scheduled for an MRI on Tuesday.“I didn’t feel a pop or any tingling or any numbness or anything like that,” Lester said. “Just kind of felt like something was in there grabbing me a little bit. So I guess that’s the positive look at it. Like I said, tomorrow will tell us more.”Pittsburgh had won four in a row, but the Pirates made four errors, including three by shortstop Kevin Newman in the second.“We need to play better defense,” manager Clint Hurdle said. “There were a couple of different sequences there, maybe www.redsoxproshops.com/authentic-dustin-pedroia-jersey , with execution of pitches didn’t help and defensively we had outs to put away and we didn’t do it, and the inning got away from us.”Newman’s first error allowed Daniel Descalso to reach after Jameson Taillon (0-2) retired the first two batters. He committed two more errors on a Kyle Schwarber grounder, and Anthony Rizzo scampered home to give the Cubs a 6-0 lead.In between the fielding trouble for Newman, Lester, Zobrist, Rizzo and Javier Báez each came up with big hits. Rizzo’s run-scoring single went off Taillon’s head, but he stayed in the game.“I’m fine. I’m unlucky I got hit and lucky I seem to be OK coming out of it,” said Taillon, who was charged with six unearned runs and four hits in two innings.Newman said it was a humbling experience.“A couple of days ago was the greatest day I’ve ever had on the field. Today was quite the opposite,” he said.OFFENSIVELY SPEAKINGKyle Schwarber added a two-run homer in the fourth as the Cubs earned their largest shutout victory in a home opener in franchise history. Their 72 runs is their highest total through 10 games since they scored 76 times in the first 10 games in 1954.WHAT A PLAYBáez picked up an RBI single in the second when he threw his bat at a ball that bounced in the dirt Bobby Doerr Jersey , leading to a liner that just got over Newman’s head. Báez shrugged as he stood on first base.“I saw Vladimir Guerrero did it back in the day and he’s in the Hall of Fame right now, so … ” a grinning Báez said. “Just a joke, just a joke.”WORTH NOTINGTaillon had allowed just five unearned runs in 441 2/3 innings coming into the day.TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: Morrow (elbow surgery) has completed each of his bullpen sessions so far “without incident,” according to president of baseball operations Theo Epstein. The next step for Morrow is expected to be finalized this week. … Barnette (right shoulder inflammation) and Cedeño (left wrist inflammation) are “moving along and getting closer to the possibility of rehab assignments,” Epstein said. “No setbacks with either guy.”UP NEXTFollowing an off day, right-handers Jordan Lyles and Yu Darvish get the ball when the series resumes Wednesday night. Lyles (0-0, 0.00 ERA) made his Pittsburgh debut Thursday against Cincinnati and pitched five innings in the Pirates’ 2-0 victory. Darvish (0-1, 8.10 ERA) struggled in his first two starts of the year, issuing 11 walks in just 6 2/3 innings.

Vă rugăm Autentificare să participaţi la discuţie.

Timp creare pagină: 0.041 secunde
Motorizat de Forum Kunena